Friday 17 May 2019

A few prototypes for sale


I have been doing some spring cleaning and taking (another) long hard look at some of my prototype planes. I realized there are several that I am not using nearly enough, so it is time for them to find new homes. These are all my personal planes, and were the prototypes for the model. They have been well used and well cared for. Each one has a unique serial number stamped on the bed - KP... for “Konrad Prototype” and the last number is the year it was made.


 

The first plane is a steel and Ebony A5ss (ss for stainless steel) that was featured on the front of one of the Lee Valley monthly catalogues.



 

 

A5ss smoother
- serial No. KP26-06
- 01 tool steelsides, stainless steel lever cap and lever cap screw
- 7-1/2" long
- 2" wide, high carbon steel blade (from Ron Hock)
- Norris type adjuster
- 50 degree bed angle
- Ebony infill
- SOLD

 

(A ding sustained in England by an overly enthusiastic fellow)












No.A1 panel plane (14-3/4" long)
- serial No. KP15-03 
- bronze sides, lever cap and lever cap screw
- 01 tool steel sole
- 2-1/2" wide, high carbon steel blade (7/32" thick)
- 47.5 degree bed angle
- Ebony infill
SOLD

This is an early plane with an Iles adjuster.  I rounded over the front corners of the front bun a while ago - making it much more comfortable to use... wish I would have done it a long time ago!











Bullnose
- serial No. KP 39-13 
- bronze body with a steel sole (sweated on)
- 20 degree bed angle
- Desert Ironwood infill
- SOLD

This was one of 6 castings I purchased in England many years ago and this was the first of the batch. It turned out wonderfully, but I just don’t use it as often as I had thought I would.
















The A11 mitre
- serial No. KP32-09
- Brazilian Rosewood infill (I will need to get a CITES export permit to ship outside of Canada)
- 2-1/4" wide blade
- 01 tool steel sides and sole
- Norris type adjuster
- 20 degree bed angle.
- SOLD












Send me an email of you are interested, konrad@sauerandsteiner.com

For any American customers, the exchange rate is in your favour at the moment - take roughly 25% off these prices for USD. I can figure out the exact exchange rate at the time of purchase. 

5 Comments:

Anonymous fairwoodworking said...

The Maple Leaf stamp on the miter plane looks awfully familiar. Are you sure I didn't lone that one to you?

17 May 2019 at 20:47  
Blogger Konrad said...

he-he... same devious supplier I suspect:)

18 May 2019 at 08:08  
Blogger F. said...

Ooh, that mitre plane is tempting...

19 May 2019 at 21:54  
Blogger Konrad said...

Hi Francis,

The mitre is already spoken for - not sure if that will be a relief or not.

cheers,
konrad

20 May 2019 at 05:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day I hope to have the money to buy such beautiful and functional art.

Andy

4 February 2020 at 15:59  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home