Monday 25 November 2013

Two XSNo.4’s for sale


Between the larger planes of the last post, I took some time to make 2 ‘spare’ XSNo.4’s - also in Desert Ironwood. These were 2 orphaned sets roughed out of from other larger pieces and have been sitting on the shelf for years. It was time to give them a home.

The first plane is an XSNo.4ss - with a stainless steel lever cap and screw. The plane is 5-1/2" long, has a 1-1/2" wide, high carbon steel blade and a 52.5 degree bed angle.











 This plane is $2,050.00 Cdn + the actual shipping costs.




The second plane is an XSNo.4- with bronze sides, lever cap and screw. This one is also 5-1/2" long, with a 1-1/2" wide, high carbon steel blade and with a 52.5 degree bed angle.









 This plane is $1,750.00 Cdn + the actual shipping costs.



4 Comments:

Blogger pmelchman said...

Konrad,
every time I see one of your new planes, I am amazed. One day I will attempt to make one....
you sir have a skill.

thank you

patrick melchior

25 November 2013 at 14:52  
Blogger pmelchman said...

Konrad,
every time I see one of your new planes, I am amazed. One day I will attempt to make one....
you sir have a skill.

thank you

patrick melchior

25 November 2013 at 14:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had children right now...
So I could sell them, and buy me a plane!

26 November 2013 at 18:03  
Anonymous Andrew said...

Unlike fairwoodworking I wish I didn't have kids (and not I don't mean that (most of the time at least)). I may actually have money for one of your beautiful planes (not to mention time to use them)! One month of daycare for my 2 kids would pay for the XSNo.4 and almost get me the XSNo.4ss (boy that's depressing!). One day I'll make the drive to pick up a plane from you (I'm just outside of Hamilton)!

28 November 2013 at 09:33  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home