Saturday 31 October 2009

Mystery Rosewood update


Here is what is left. I feel quite proud of the fact that there was this little waste from that great piece of timber. The box has quite a few small pieces that would be suitable for wedges and other small plane parts. I think there is one piece that will make a killer wedge for a mitre.




(The killer wedge piece)


I am also reminded of an incredible A2 jointer I made several years ago - infilled with mystery Rosewood. Here are a few detail shots.





I have two panel planes left to make - one 16-1/2" and the other is 14-3/4". The rear infill on thees planes will look just like this. I can’t wait to get started on them.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmmm, beautiful Scraps Konrad, think there's a pen in there some where??

Jim

4 November 2009 at 11:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh jeeze, Konrad.

I thought for sure you were going to offer up that box of "scrap" to some derserving, budding toolmaker ;) haha

-Ryan C.

4 November 2009 at 20:40  
Blogger Konrad said...

Hey Jim,

Not sure - maybe. I will check.

Cheers,
Konrad

4 November 2009 at 21:02  
Blogger Konrad said...

Hey Ryan,

Oh man, if you could see all the boxes.... :) Almost every visitor leaves with something from various scrap boxes.

Cheers,
Konrad

4 November 2009 at 21:03  
Blogger Konrad said...

Hey Ryan,

Oh man, if you could see all the boxes.... :) Almost every visitor leaves with something from various scrap boxes.

Cheers,
Konrad

4 November 2009 at 21:03  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home